I love candles and every day I have one burning in the house. My favourites are soy candles, however they are just so expensive, so I decided to make my own!
What you need:
- Candle jars / containers
- Soy Wax
- Fragrance oils
- Plastic container
- Cute things to decorate your finished product
I got all of my supplies from Natural Candle Supply
- Prepare your jar. Stick a wick to the bottom of the jar, I used sticky tape for this.
- Find something to secure the wick. I used a bag sealer from Ikea!
- Measure how much wax you need, this is roughly twice the capacity of the jar. Just remember not to fill it all the way to the top if you have lids, otherwise the lid won’t go on.
- Put the wax in your plastic container and melt in the microwave.
- Don’t leave it unattended!
- When the wax has melted, pour in your fragrance oil. Natural Candle Supply recommends 8-10% ratio of fragrance to wax.
- Give it a stir, pour into your jar.
- Leave the candle to set for at least 12 hours.
- Cut the wick and then decorate to your hearts content
IT IS SO EASY!!